How to Start a DI Team
- Purchase a Team Number with the Program Materials from Destination Imagination, Inc. – – Purchase a Team Materials on line at Shop DI, If you are unable to purchase online request an application form from the Affiliate Director. Decide how many of Team Numbers you need to buy. If you have participated in past years it is best to use the same school/sponsoring organization name(s) you used last year. All teams will be issued new Team numbers each year.
- The fee for a single team is $110. In addition there is a $50 Montana Affiliate fee for each team. (See below for what the affiliate fee covers. These fees are paid to Destination Imagination, Inc. You must purchase a team number and the team manager must have a Background check through Sterling Verified Volunteers before you can download any of the Challenges, Rules of the Road, or Guides.
- Check out Shop DI for additional materials to help team managers with team management and Instant Challenges.
- Recruit Team Managers and form teams. Team Managers can be anyone – parents, teachers, and community members. All US Team Managers must complete their Background Check before they can access the Challenge Materials in the Resource Area. Training materials and workshops are available.
- Once teams are formed they choose a challenge, work on finding a solution to the long term challenge, and practice solving Instant Challenges. Teams must register for the Montana DI tournament at Register Your Team for the tournament by January 15. (See below for tournament fees.)
Benefits of a DI
- Easy to administer
- Low cost. A single team fee is $110 for each team. The Affiliate Fee is $50 per team. The State Tournament and Event Fee is $50 per team. Parents usually pay a participation fee for their child to help cover the Affiliate and Tournament fees.
- High academic achievement is not essential for successful participation.
- DI is more than a competition. Teams will be able to download complete copies of the Challenges and Guide books. The challenge materials can also help integrate creative problem solving into the classroom. If you are unable to download the materials please contact the Montana Destination Imagination Affiliate Director.
Even young students (K-2) can participate on a non-competitive basis.
What Do You Get for Your Money
Destination Imagination Program Material Fees
$110 per team plus $50 per team Affiliate Fee (see below)
The cost of Early Learner Program Materials is $110 for each team. Early Learner teams must also pay the $50 Affiliate Fee and may register for the State Tournament.
|Affiliate Team Fee $50/team
(paid with Program Material Fee)
|Tournament Registration =$50 for teams registered after December 15
$25 Early Bird Discount Fee for teams and appraisers registered by December 15.
All Registrations and Fees are due by January 15.
All refund requests must be in writing. No refunds will be made for any reason after December 15th of the current program year. A full refund, less a $10 administrative fee, will be made within 45 days after the request is received. There are no refunds for no-shows. No team will be scheduled for the tournament without complete registration payment. Signed School Purchase Orders are considered a form of payment.