Basic Requirements for Appraisers and Officials
- Destination Imagination Appraisers and officials must be at least 18 years old.
- Destination Imagination Appraisers and officials must not be currently enrolled in High School.
- Destination Imagination Appraisers must not appraise the presentation of a team for which they have served as a Team Manager.
- Destination Imagination Appraisers must not appraise the presentation of a team that includes their own family member(s).
- All Destination Imagination appraisers must complete an official Appraiser Training to be certified to appraise or officiate.
- All Destination Imagination Volunteers must sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct, available in the Destination Imagination resource area.
Training for Appraisers will be scheduled in February. Each appraiser will be sent the rules of the challenge(s) for which they will appraise along with general rules for all teams and tips and training information for being an Appraiser. Training dates for each Appraiser team will be set in late January. If possible trainings will be done in person. Those who do not live in the Greater Gallatin Valley (Bozeman, MT area) will need to join the training via conference call or webinar. Your Challenge Master will be sending you an e-mail inviting you to the webinar with instructions on how to log in.
In case you are not able to access the webinar the training slides will be sent to you so you can follow along via conference call.